The Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education Mardan, Khyber Pakhtukhwa established under ordinance ACT 1990, is an autonomous body of the Ministry of Education. It is empowered with administrative and financial authority to organize, regulate , develop and control Intermediate and Secondary Education, and conduct examinations in the institutions affiliated with it.
Juridiction of BISE Mardan includes:-
- District Mardan
- District Swabi
- District Nowshera
Role and responsobilities are briefly described below
- Affiliate institutions imparting SSC and HSSC education within Pakistan and abroad.
- prescribe courses of instructions for SSC and HSSC.
- Ensure provision of requisite facilities in the affiliated institutions.
- Hold exams, appoint examiners and supervisory staff.
- Institute measures to promote physical well being of students.